Views:4 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-08-15 Origin:Site
Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose is a natural polymer cellulose as raw material, made of a series of chemical processing and non-ionic cellulose ether. They are an odorless, tasteless non-toxic white powder in cold water swelling into a clear or slightly muddy colloid solution. A thickening, binding, dispersing, emulsifying, film, suspension, adsorption, gel, surface activity, such as maintaining water and protective colloid properties.
Use of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
1. Construction industry: As water and sediment slurry agent, retarder so that mortar with pump-delivery. In plaster, gypsum material, putty powder or other building materials as binders, to improve the smearing and prolong the operation of time. Used as paste tiles, marble, plastic decoration, paste enhancer, but also can reduce the amount of cement. The water retention properties of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose make the slurry not crack after smearing and enhance the strength after hardening.
2. Paint industry: In the paint industry as thickener, dispersants, and stabilizers, in water or organic solvents have good miscibility. As a paint stripping agent.
3. Plastic: As forming release agent, softening agent, lubricant and so on.
4. Other: This product is also widely used in leather, paper products industry, fruit and vegetable preservation and textile industry.
3. What are the dissolution methods of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)?——Answer: Hot water dissolution method: Since HPMC does not dissolve in hot water, HPMC can be uniformly dispersed in hot water at the initial stage, and then quickly dissolve during cooling. Two typical methods are describe
Industrial-grade hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose used in mortar is distinguished by viscosity. Generally, the following types are commonly used Low viscosity: 400 is mainly used for self-leveling mortar. Reason: low viscosity, good leveling, high mortar density. Medium and low viscosity: 20000-400000