HEC is produced from cellulose, which reacts with sodium hydroxide to form basic cellulose colloid.
HEC is produced from cellulose, which reacts with sodium hydroxide to form basic cellulose colloid. And then the ethylene oxide and other chemicals are added into the reaction to get etherification. By controlling the production parameters, the Hydroxyethyl cellulose is produced.
HEC is a white or light yellow powder, non-toxic, tasteless, can be quickly dissolved into hot or cool water, insoluble in general organic solvent, with excellent character of thickening, dispersing, emulsifying, adhesion, stabilizing, water retention and film forming. Also can be used as a protective colloid in some products. It can be widely used in oil drilling, coatings, food, textile, building and macromolecule polymerization, etc.
1.For paints latex painting
In latex or textured paint, HEC can be used as a protective colloid for vinyl acetate emulsion polymerization to improve the stability of the polymerization system over a wide pH range. In the process of coating production, HEC can disperse pigments, auxiliaries, fillers and salts evenly, and play as stabilizing and thickening. It can endow the coating with good rheological property and pseudoplasticity, and improve the anti-sag property and anti-spatter property of the coating.
2. For cosmetic and detergents:
HEC can be used in shampoo, bath fluid, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, lotion and cream, etc., it can thicken and stabilize the paste, and act as anti-redeposition agent for dirt in washing powder.
3. Oil drilling: used as thickener and dehydrating agent to improve mud fluidity and stability and prevent water from flowing into drilling wall.
4. For oil drilling:
HEC is used as thickener and dehydrating agent to improve mud fluidity and stability and prevent water from flowing into drilling wall.
5. In emulsion polymerization: as a protective colloid in synthetic resins, to disperse, emulsify, suspend and stabilize.
1. 25kg net Paper-PE compound bag or multi-layer paper bag with inner PE film.
2.12 metric tons in 20 FCL or 24 Tons in 40’FCL.
3. Blank bags or OEM bags are available.
In dry places, avoid from rain, sunlight, oxide. Sealed if the bag is unspent.
In accordance with China laws and records on hazardous substances, it’s not a dangerous substance. For more information, please refer to our SDS.
3. What are the dissolution methods of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)?——Answer: Hot water dissolution method: Since HPMC does not dissolve in hot water, HPMC can be uniformly dispersed in hot water at the initial stage, and then quickly dissolve during cooling. Two typical methods are describe
Industrial-grade hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose used in mortar is distinguished by viscosity. Generally, the following types are commonly used Low viscosity: 400 is mainly used for self-leveling mortar. Reason: low viscosity, good leveling, high mortar density. Medium and low viscosity: 20000-400000